An entrepreneur and mobile enthusiast at heart, Karim is currently the CTO at Coffee Meets Bagel where he’s building out and managing a world-class engineering team to handle a global, web-scale dating application. He was also part of the engineering teams which built Tinder and Fandango.
He’s earned an MBA from the University of Florida and a bachelor’s degree in computer science from the University of California.
He was a tech reviewer for the book Pro Android 4 and a co-author for the book Instant GSON. Also, he’s the founding member of the San Francisco CTO Support Group.
• Technically skilled, motivational leader with excellent communication skills, incredible drive, and a great ability to think outside the box.
• Well-versed in many disciplines in the mobile industry from application production to network research & development. Have dealt with all major US carriers and European carriers as well.
• Proven web-developer and ex-founder of web-development company with knowledge of both the private and enterprise sectors.
• A self-starter possessing the talents and awareness to succeed and excel in the business and corporate world.
• Excellent public speaker and evangelist.
* Architecture: AWS, Distributed Systems, Microservices
* Software Engineering: Java ME, J2SE, J2EE, Android, Python
* Databases: Cassandra, Redis, Postgres